Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Small Steps

Well, I'm feeling a bit better today. I actually called my nurse and now I know what's coming next. I was a tiny bit annoyed, because instead of the hysteroscopy that we'd discussed with the RE back at the end of Oct (before the surprising and short-lived pregnancy), she said I'll need to start on birth control pills and then have a mock embryo transfer. HUH? Depending on the results of that, then he'll decide whether to go forward with the hysterscopy. I had her explain it all about three times, but I confess I'm still not 100% getting it. She did say that he had changed the game plan after we got pregnant, but didn't want to discuss it while we were going through everything. I guess I can understand that, but personally I wish we'd just had the discussion since I was in the office many times while the miscarriage played out. On the bright side, I called the new insurance company and registered for the infertility program. I know anything can happen once the clinic starts calling for authorizations, but the woman I spoke to seemed pretty optimistic about my coverage and said there shouldn't be any problems with any of the tests I will hopefully be undergoing in about 3 weeks!

So, I did NOT get much done on the house front last night and then husband woke up at 3am having some sort of panic attack! I have a feeling it's going to be a relatively sleepless week in our house. I feel awful that I'm clearly not capable of giving him the kind of comfort that he needs right now. To be honest, I was so tired that I actually was annoyed and now I feel very guilty. The weird thing is when he's depressed or stressed he can't sleep and wants to talk. When I'm depressed or stressed all I want to do is sleep and I prefer to hash things out in my own head. Since our coping mechanisms are basically the opposite, when we're both stressed and depressed it's not a pretty scene. I'm really, really hoping that Saturday's interview goes well. As much as I'm nervous, I think hubby is tens times so, and I think a good meeting will go a long way to making him feel better.

And, now it's time to go call the house cleaners again!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Glad you're feeling a little better. Sorry about all the other stuff going on...changes to your protocol, hubby not sleeping, craziness before the home study. You've got quite a bit on your plate right now!

Shelli said...

Ugh, you have so much going on, no wonder you and hubby are stressed. Hang in there, it's all we can do, right?