Saturday, July 26, 2008

Show and Tell #1

I FINALLY got around to taking some photos for Show and Tell. So here's my first show and tell submission.

One day last week when I picked my daughter up from her summer camp, she handed me the two index cards below. I'll translate since we clearly we have a little work to do on the spelling and some of the ink she used is hard to see. The card on top is kinda obvious, but it says "Dear Mom I Miss You Alot Thanks For The Love". The bottom card says "Dear Mom Thanks for Sending Me To Camp Love Lucy"



My girl loves to draw and write and most days of the week I am presented with several pictures and notes with messages of love from her. In fact I have several large stacks around the house because I have trouble getting rid of any of them. But there was something about these two little cards that especially touched me. I can't really explain why; perhaps it's just the timing -- getting them at a time when I've been feeling sort of down -- but I've got them on my bedside table and I'm planning to have them framed.

For more from Show and Tell click here ...


Show and Tell

9 comments:

Lauren said...

How sweet! I can't wait to start getting little notes from my Nati. Though I do enjoy her random color scribbles. So precious!

Thanks for sharing! Here from the S&T.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

That is so incredibly sweet. I love it when the twins have someone transcribe a note to me. I love the earnestness with which kids write. I think it's a fantastic idea to have them framed.

JuliaS said...

That is so sweet - I love to get hand-created art and missives of love from my kidlets. :0)

momofonefornow said...

that is awesome.

I read this cool tip in a parents magazine once. The mom suggested that you should scan all of their artwork and then as a surprise roll it as a slide show and they will feel like an artist. I can't wait to do this for my bean when he gets older.

Kim said...

I love those! Very sweet. My mom kept a great deal of my "art work" much to my chagrin, but she even now that I am over 30 she still enjoys looking at it. As will we enjoy our children's art as the years all to quickly fly by. Great Show and Tell treasures! Kim

Sam said...

aww, how very sweet, those little notes and pictures are so very precious. They do, however, create a lot of clutter!! I think that Mum has kept a very few of our childhood art because the rest of us just filled up the house!

Smiling said...

how lovely! thanks for sharing!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Great pictures, how sweet, thanks for sharing your Show and Tell.

loribeth said...

Too cute!! Thanks for sharing!