Friday, February 27, 2009

Blood and Panic

For the second time in the last few days I gave myself a heart attack while drying off after my daily 10 minute shower. Both times the story was the same -- I put the rough white hospital towel down on the bathroom counter and then noticed a streak of pink across it. My heart jumped into my throat. After what was probably only a few seconds, but felt like an eternity, I looked down at my thigh where they've been giving me my Heparin shot and noticed one spot was bleeding a little bit. And then a huge sigh of relief.

Speaking of the heparin shots... My thighs look like some sort of grotesque dot-to-dot.

So far bedrest is going ok. I'm not going too crazy. I have had plenty to say, but not the energy to type it all out. But I will soon, I promise.

No comments: