Sunday, February 1, 2009

24 weeks down; 14 to go

I can hardly believe that yesterday I hit the 24 week mark. I'm happy to have made it this far. I'm happy that several times yesterday it felt like the Bumblebee was doing gymnastics or judo in my belly -- very reassuring! BUT, I still feel like I have soooo long to go. Right now I feel like I will only be able to heave a sigh of relief once I make it to 30 weeks. Not that I want to have a 30-weeker mind you. Having a 32 week old was hard enough, and I really hope we make it to the 38 week mark, but still I know that if I can make it to 30 I'll feel better.

I have a routine appointment this Tuesday, so it'll be nice to get a little more reassurance that things are ok. Yesterday I bought a Gra.co car seat stroller frame at our local kids consignment shop for $25, which is exactly the thing I wanted, so I figure I just saved about $40! I also got a few more items of clothing for the Bumblebee and some for the Ladybug too. Last night I had my husband drag out about 1/3 of the giant plastic bins from the unfinished side of our basement so I could start sorting through all the old clothes and toys. We have a surprising number of items that we can use. I'd been thinking everything in the bins would be pink, but I forgot that my sister gave me a lot of hand-me-downs from my nephew that I saved just in case. Of course my nephew was born in December, so how much use we get out of much of it will depend on how big or small this baby is and whether he can fit into the clothes during the right season. I also realized how many toys we have!

Once I finish going through all the bins my next task is to start cleaning out the nursery! Yikes, the room is a mess. There's an extra box spring that I need to get rid of and TONS of my daughters art supplies. The closet is filled with off season clothes for both my daughter and myself and all of my handbags and totebags -- not sure what I'll do with all that stuff! It's a little daunting, but also a little exciting.

1 comment:

Mo said...

congrats on hitting this milestone. wishing you get through all 14 of the upcoming weeks without a hitch.

mo