Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Nesting

It's official. I'm in full nesting mode. Which for me means that I've got about 10 different projects only about 1/2 way done. It also means that I'm going, going, going from morning to night. And all of that means that I'm driving my husband crazy. First of all the house is a mess because of the things I've started and my husband is a guy who really needs time to unwind and recharge his batteries. Unfortunately, he finds it hard to relax when I'm in whirling dervish mode. I'd take a photo of the pile of empty plastic storage bins laying around our family room and the stacks of baby/kid clothes and toys that were in them and are now being sorted, but I'm too embarrassed by the mess. On the bright side, with trips to the local kids consignment store and Goo.dwill this weekend, I got rid of about 6 shopping bags worth of stuff. Plus I have several more that the consignment store won't take until summer, but at least it's bagged and ready to go.

This weekend I bought a new crib skirt, some crib sheets, and a changing pad cover. Though right now everything is just piled in the crib. We have some drywall work and painting that needs to be done in the nursery and my husband is in the process of finding a contractor. I hope it happens soon, because I'm getting antsy and would love to have the room looking more like a nursery than a trash dump. The next big project will be figuring out where to put my daughter's easel and all her art supplies. Might not sound like a big deal, but I'm talking about a full-size easel and an entire one of these and several of these

filled with arts and crafts supplies. I know I should probably get rid of most of it, as she doesn't even use the stuff often. But I keep thinking that "next year" she might get interested and it seems like such a waste to get rid of it.

Hopefully soon I'll be able to post a picture of a sweet looking nursery.

2 comments:

Penny said...

ha! we have about a dozen cardboard boxes around the house with clothing and supplies in them in some state of sorting. That's not counting the other half dozen boxes of baby stuff downstairs that I have yet to go through. And a lot of the nesting involves my daughter as well - I'm redecorating HER room, not the baby's room. This is all very reminiscent.

Leah said...

Yay for nesting! I just had some weird fit of pre-Spring cleaning and paid my 15 year old niece to come and do stuff (wash down baseboards, scrub dirt off doors, clean the blinds over the kitchen sink, etc.). It feels like we live in a new house!

If you want help getting stuff situated and organized, say the word and I'll come out there. I would love to visit and help out.

By the way, we have the same issue with MASSIVE amounts of arts & crafts supplies. I actually box them up (in plastic storage bins) and put them on a shelf in the basement. That way they are still available for a rainy day, but aren't in our face cluttering the joint up.

Also, if you are giving any good girl stuff away, don't forget about the Lovebug's little friend Megan! :-)