Well, it looks like we are going to wait an extra month before starting the next IVF. So, I dashed an email off to nurse M. asking all kinds of ‘what if’ questions assuming we wait. I also realized, after talking with my acupuncturist and my husband, that I could not explain why the doc wants me on metformin (I don’t have PCOS). So, I also asked if she could provide some information on that too.
So, the big thing is how do I really feel about the wait. Well, I’m of 2 minds (what’s new?). I think in some ways the extra time to focus on my health and my attitude will be a good thing. On the other hand, I wouldn’t be at all disappointed if my period comes a week late this month and we don’t have to wait. Have I mentioned before how I’m NOT a patient person! But really, in the end, I’m ok with it.
We’re getting down to the wire with this stuff. We have 2 more cycles with insurance coverage, for which I’m very grateful. But, still it will be tough to even pay our 50 percent of those. Which means if it doesn’t happen with the next to cycles, I think we’re done. Wow. I haven’t written or said that out loud before. My husband and I haven’t discussed it, but really I don’t see how we could. So there it is. Nearing the end of the rope and so I guess it makes sense to do everything we can to increase the odds of this working. I’ve started seeing the acupuncturist again, and at the very least it will help me relax. 2 months of eating well and exercising will certainly be better than 1 in terms of my health and my attitude. And hell, if I lose a few pounds all the better.