Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Greetings From My Couch!

You read that correctly – I’m typing from my very own couch in my very own house, NOT a hospital bed. I was released last Friday afternoon – woohoo! Despite my increasing impatience and desire to eat sitting up, apparently I was such a model patient that the docs decided I could just as well do this from home. So, yes, I’m still on bedrest. I’m still supposed to stay horizontal except for bathroom trips and short showers. So, today marks day 6 of home bedrest, 8 weeks of bedrest in all, and I’m now 34 weeks and 4 days pregnant. Since my c-section is scheduled on May 8th – one day shy of 38 weeks – I have, at most, just 3 weeks and 2 days left of living lying down.

I’ll confess when I’m alone during the day I do get up a bit more often to shuffle into the kitchen for food. Fortunately (though I don’t usually think of this as a positive) our house is very small. My couch is literally about 2 feet from the kitchen doorway and about 6 feet from the refrigerator, so I’m still able to maintain my mostly horizontal routine without too much trouble.

Unfortunately, I’m still having trouble sleeping at night, but thanks to my nice docs I have a full bottle of Ambien in my bedside table. I tried to go without it last night, but that was a big mistake. I slept badly, so I won’t be skipping that pill again tonight.

Of course, getting to be home with my husband and daughter is wonderful. Poor husband is really still single parenting since I can’t do much AND now he has to wait on me too, but he’s handling it very well. I was a little worried that my daughter would find it hard having me here, but not able to do much, but she is also handling it very well. She’s been very helpful so far. She keeps telling me how she doesn’t want the baby to come early, but she wishes it were the time for him to be born now. Well, she isn’t the only one! Recovery from a c-section is no breeze, but at least I’ll have my baby AND be able to sit up again!.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are happy and thinking more postivly. Hope you make it till May.

Penny said...

Hey, congratulations on making it home! It's not too long now before the big delivery date...

ME! said...

I am glad you are at home!!! I am here from LFCA to say hello!!!

Good luck!
www.ttc-wildride.blogspot.com

Samantha said...

It must feel great to be at home after all of that time at the hospital! Bedrest totally sucks, but it is better at home.

Thanks for you advice about bottles and babies - I am going to try to try to make myself scarce for the next attempt.