Wednesday, April 1, 2009

32 Weeks, 4 days

Today is day 43, so I'm starting my 7th week in here. I'm grateful to have made it this far, and I truly hope that this baby stays in for a few more weeks, but I am going crazy in here! I'm bored and alone almost all of the time. While nothing has been happening medically, for some reason, as the days pass my anxiety level goes up and up. Every twinge scares me and I'm having a hard time keeping negative thoughts out of my head. I'm also both incredibly disappointed and angry with a couple of my friends. I truly don't expect the world to stop because of my situation and I really don't expect to get many visitors as most of my friends have children and full-time jobs and nobody lives very near the hospital. But I've had visits, phone calls, and emails from friends that I usually see or talk to only infrequently, while a couple of women whom I would have described as among my closest friends, women whom I have lunch with and generally email and talk to pretty regularly, I have barely heard from at all. Both made plans to come visit and then didn't even bother to call or email to say they weren't coming -- and never called or emailed after the fact either. As I said, I don't expect alot of visits, but if someone tells me they're coming tomorrow, I think it's pretty damn rude to just not show up! I really don't know if I'm more sad or angry about it. Vent over.

On the bright side, my mom is coming back up tomorrow. She'll be here for 2 days and then is taking my daughter back home with her for spring break. I'll miss seeing my little Ladybug next week, but I know she's going to have a great time and it'll be a great break for my husband.

In other news, starting today I now get NSTs everyday. So far they've all looked good. My blood pressure is still good. I've only gained about 2 pounds since I got here, but they don't seem at all concerned by that. The only time I have any contractions is when my bladder is full, so no big deal.

Thats all for now. I'll try to update a little more frequently. And sorry I've been lousy about returning comments, but I do appreciate everyone's comments, concerns, and good wishes. Thanks.

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Email yours address! I can send you snail mail! I've been following and am so proud of your optimistic attitude!

Kelly said...

oops- my email is Kfigueroa7@yahoo.com

Jendeis said...

Much love to you sweetie. You are doing so good!

Penny said...

Yay, that's a great milestone to reach (nearly 33 weeks!). I can't imagine the boredom. I would go nuts too. And friends/family should TOTALLY call if they're not going to stop by.

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

Glad to hear that all is well!

I'm so sorry that your friends have dissapointed you - sometimes I think that people who have never been in a situation like this just don't know how to handle it.

((hugs)) to you

LJ said...

You've gotten so far already! Phew! Maybe I can come by again next week - let me know if I can bring you any contraband...

Fiddle1 said...

You have my utmost respect! I can't imagine what you are going through. I've been curious..do they have those air pressure leg cuffs on you? Keep your legs moving while in bed, and don't cross your ankles!

K said...

It can be a lonely time. I was only in for a few days before delivering and was so thankful for those who did stop by/call/text. I'm sorry about those who have not shown and didn't call.

Thinking of you!

Meghan said...

Glad things are still holding tight for you and the bumblebee. Always thinking of you. We're out of town next week but let me know if you need anything after that. And if you really don't mind me bringing the baby, we'll come for another visit