Wednesday, May 30, 2007

CD1

Well, today is CD1 and so we begin our 4th IVF/ICSI, and our first using the minimal stimulation protocal. On one hand, I'm terrified that we'll get no eggs, or only 2 and they'll both suck. On the other hand, being an incredibly inpatient person, I'm thrilled that this is a shorter protocal and we could be through the transfer in less than 3 weeks.

I'm not, however, looking forward to the near daily vaginal ultrasounds that start tomorrow. As if they weren't unpleasant enough, thanks to the adhesions that tied my tubes in knots, things on the inside are a little out of place and it's VERY difficult for the doc to get a good look at my right ovary. Therefore, while he's moving the wand around, the nurse has to press down hard from the outside. Guess what? IT HURTS! I've said it before and I'll say it again -- compared to the ultrasounds, the blooddraws and shots in the belly and ass are nothing. In fact, I'd endure double the needles if I could avoid those nastly ole' ultrasounds.

Then again, I'd have one everyday if it meant getting pregnant and having a healthy baby. So I guess I'll stop bitching now.

No comments: