Thursday, May 10, 2007

Grumpy, grumpy, grumpy

I feel grumpy, oh so grumpy, I feel grumpy and cranky and cross. And I envy any girl who isn’t me today. I feel awful, oh so awful, it's alarming how awful I feel....

So, I'm in a great mood today. I'm so tired of feeling angry, sad, and jealous. Monday and Wednesday I stayed home from work. Monday I felt horrible and turns out I have Strep. On my doctor's suggestion, although my daughter showed no symptoms, I took her in for a Strep test and, guess what, it was positive. On both days I was, of course, at the doctor's office and the pharmacy, I also made quick stops at the grocery store on each day. UGH - I swear everywhere I looked were moms with 2 to 3 kids all under the age of five! I felt like I was in some sort of scary movie -- attack of the fertile mommies and their toddlers. It's bad enough that I'm already jealous of the SAHMs -- I like my job and I don't think I'd be a very good SAHM, but I'm still envious that they have the option to do it. Now I'm adding jealousy of anyone with more than one kid -- and if the kids are close in age then I get really upset. Somedays I'd like to stay in the house and never leave.

On top of that, daughter's been asking daily when I'm going to have another baby and why is it taking so long to grow a little brother or sister. I really can't take it!!!

Last in today's list of things I'm grumpy about: I just found out that my husbands brother and sister and their spouses and kids are all going to be at the in-laws for Memorial Day. I agreed to go because my daughter loves her cousins and aunts & uncles and is always asking when we can visit. But, let me say, I'M NOT IN THE MOOD!

I'd like to say that I feel better for getting that out, but I don't.

Have a nice day! ;-)

No comments: