Wednesday, May 21, 2008

TIRED

No, this will not be a post in which I rant about how tired I am of all things related to infertility. I am just truly exhausted today. Yesterday afternoon when the nurse called and told me my trigger time was 11:30 I knew that today might be hard, but I can barely keep my eyes open! We were actually up until after midnight because after my injection we had to take care of a little business for hubby – per doctor’s orders. I’d originally planned to have everything else done BEFORE the injection, so that at 11:31 we could crawl under the covers and fall fast asleep. But, to kill time until 11:30 we watched a movie. It ended later that I expected and by the time it was over it was too close to 11:30 and I didn’t want to risk having the injection late because by that time I was a nervous wreck. Anyone else have totally irrational thoughts about effing up the injection, or the meds not working right, etc, etc… Hubby kept reminding me that if it was that difficult to get it right they wouldn’t let us do it ourselves, but I’m still nervous. Plus my behind hurts. This was the first time I’ve triggered intramuscularly. The shot itself didn’t hurt too much, but soon after I felt very sore and almost 12 hours later I’m still achy. Never had this with my progesterone shots, so I wasn’t expecting it!

8 comments:

Rachie Pachie said...

Just wanted to stop by & wish you well on the retrieval tomorrow! Hope the injection site starts feeling better... :(

bb said...

Good luck w your retrieval tomorrow!!

chicklet said...

Good luck with retrieval, thinking good thoughts for you!

Meghan said...

Good luck this morning!! Hope your butt starts to feel better ;)

Unknown said...

Thinking of you today (Thursday) and wishing you the best with the retrieval!

beautycourage said...

Good luck with your retrieval today, I really hope all goes well and that you get a GREAT fert report tomorrow. I'm a few days ahead of you....and my arm (where the HCG went) still hurts!

In and Out of Luck said...

Good luck on the retrieval, which may in fact be over by now (noon). Hoping the response is as beautiful as it looked yesterday!

Leah said...

HELLO?! Please update and let us know how your retrieval went. I've been checking obsessively, so don't let sitemeter lead you to think there's a stalker after you. :-)