Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

So, we fled the DC area and headed to the in-laws for the long weekend. Now that it's inauguration day I'm more than a little sad to be missing out on the fun, but I need to remind myself how much I hate crowds and being cold! Anyway, I think the baby must be kind of excited about today too, because he's been kicking up a storm for the past 12 hours. When I crawled into bed last night it felt as if he were doing gymnastics in there. Then, for the first time, I was actually woken up in the night by some strong kicks, and he's been a lot more active throughout this morning than usual.

I'm 22 weeks and 3 days today. The last couple of weeks have moved so slowly. I have a feeling the rest of this pregnancy is going to feel like an eternity. Some days I'm pretty comfortable with the idea that everything is fine and will be fine. I even ordered a few items of baby clothes along with some maternity wear from the G.ap last week, and my husband, MIL and I went downtown yesterday to visit a baby store. I'm definitely in full-on shopping mode (I love the internet for that!), but still can't bring myself purchase any of the few "big" things we need.

My next appointment is still 2 weeks away, but then I have another appointment 2 weeks after that and that'll put me at 26 weeks. I know I shouldn't wish away the pregnancy, but a big part of me just wants to skip it and get to the real goal, which is a healthy baby!

No comments: