Tuesday, June 5, 2007

IVF Lite

Warning: Child Mentioned

So, tonight I start my injections. For this minimal stim protocol I only mix 2 vials a night--compared to 4 for all my prior cycles. Plus, I haven't had to do the Lup.ron shots every morning. I should confess (don't hate me please) that the injections don't bother me much. To be sure they aren't fun, and before the first cycle I was terrified, but I really don't have too much trouble with the injections. In fact, I would give myself double the injections if I could avoid the ultrasounds! Nevertheless, things are just so much easier this time, fewer meds to keep track of, fewer needles, etc. Of course I won't be feeling so grateful if it doesn't work. :)

In other news...

Do you know when it's time to go on a diet? I do. The other night my 4 1/2 year old looked at my belly, walked over, stuck her finger in my belly fat and said with great excitement and glee in her eyes "you know what that is? That's a baby in your belly".

For a moment I was speechless and thought to myself "I WISH!" Then I went on to explain to her that sometimes people's bellies are just big, and listed all the people we know with big bellies who don't have a baby, Grandpa, Grandma, etc.

The bright side is that it redoubled my motivation to lose the darn 10 pounds, because if I can't BE pregnant, I sure as hell don't want to look like I am!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had your reaction to the injections-- I'm not really a fan.

Wishing you well as the stims continue!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Ha--totally cracking up with your daughter. Which is better than mine who constantly reminds me that while Mommy doesn't have a baby in her belly, she is currently pregnant. With quads. Or triplets. Or even twins. She's never having a singleton. She'll hold my hand to her flat little stomach and say, "can you feel the baby kicking, Mommy?"

I loved your thoughts in the book tour. There were some great answers on the third day of the tour where people were talking about how they tried when they were ready--and not before. First baby, second baby, tenth baby, I think one of the most important things is that you feel ready (or as ready as you can be). What good is it to race into babymaking in an effort to use your fertility to your greatest advantage if the whole point of the pregnancy is the baby at the end? Those books make it about the pregnancy rather than the child.

Blech.

Sending lots of good energy for this cycle...

Sunny Jenny said...

Totally funny! I had a kid ask me once, "When is your baby coming out?" Ah, bless them! I found you on cyclesista- I am in the DC suburbs too. Good luck to you!