Thursday, June 14, 2007

So Far, So Good

Well I got the call this morning and our 2 little eggs fertilized. Now I'm just hoping they make it to Saturday.

In other news, the hubby and I had a serious knock-down-drag-out fight last night, followed by a fairly serious and difficult heart-felt conversation, all about what IF has done to us, our life, and our marriage. And then we both proceeded to NOT sleep much all night. The thing is, while we generally agree about the big issues, our personalities are so different that the trouble comes from how we cope with things day to day. He needs lots of quiet time to recharge, while I'm more of a "take my mind off of things, Go, Go, Go..." kind of gal. It's not that either way is wrong -- they just aren't always compatible. The big problem is that we both feel as though life has spun completely out of control. Not only is it making us crazy, but, unfortunately, it's affecting our daughter. I know we'll get through it, but it's just one more thing we need to deal with on top of an already long list.

4 comments:

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

My fingers are crossed that at least one of those two little ones make it to Saturday and then find a cozy little place to hang out for 9 months!!

Serenity said...

Aw damn. IF is hard enough without making us crazy at our significant others. I hate what it does to our relationships at times too.

It takes a LOT of coping to work through all the shit it throws at you, but you're going through a VERY stressful cycle. Let yourself off the hook for now, and deal with it at the end of the cycle.

I am so happy that both eggs fertilized... may they both grow strong so you have two perfect embryos to transfer on Saturday.

Leah said...

I can guarantee you that I will NOT say "it only takes one" even though it's true. Two is definitely better than none, and since both fertilized and are still playing nicely together, I'm thrilled for you!!! I'll do my lucky funky chicken dance for the transfer on Saturday.

Tam said...

Hey there, thought I'd come over and wish you luck. I truly hope that your little embryo's grow nice and strong and make it to transfer day!

Sorry things aren't going well with you and hubby, it's hard on a marriage and sometimes you just can't see eye to eye, we all know the feeling.

AH will help those little ones implant nicely too, adding you to my list of prayers!!