Monday, September 22, 2008

3094

That's it. I'm not too happy with that. I was hoping for something above 5000. After my nurse gave me the number and I digested it, I said "so that's not very good." She sounded surprised and said "no that's a good rise". So, I said, but it's been 3 days since my last test not 2, shouldn't it be higher. She tells me that they like to see a minimum rise of 60 percent* every 2 days. We both do some quick calculations and she says that I'm right at the 60% mark (adjusted for 3 days). She said that my doctor didn't comment at all on the number and that she doesn't think I should worry. HA -- I guess she hasn't ever been on the other side of this stuff. CRAP! If it's going to end badly I just want to f*cking KNOW, not have it dragged out.

I'd be lying if I said I'll try not to worry, but I will try not to obsess (ha ha ha ha ha).

*Anyone EVER heard this before. The only rule of thumb I've ever heard was that it should double.

10 comments:

Shelli said...

My doctor goes by the 60% rise rule too.

Hoping for you, and thinking good thoughts!

Shelby said...

Not too shabby! Hopefully the 60% rule will be just the right pace for your little one.

Sending hugs, and my fingers are crossed!

Birdee said...

Try the HCG Calculator on http://babymed.com/Tools/Pregnancy/hCG/Default.aspx

Just plug in your levels and your DPO on the first, days in-between on the second. That may help.

I think your numbers are great!!

Leah said...

I have absolutely heard about the 60% rule. The further you get into it, it drops to 50% or less that they are looking for it to rise.

Try not to hold your breath until Wednesday, but I know it will be tough. I'm thrilled with 3100 (rounding up, of course) especially because it means you are close to being able to see something on the u/s.

Will be thinking of you, praying for you (and the new lovebug), and sending dozens of hugs across our state lines!

Meghan said...

I saw the title of your post and was psyched!!!

I did know about the 60% thing...but only because we used the same clinic. They did also tell me that once the number got into thousands, it does not double as evenly.

Hope you can not worry too much...although I know it is so much easier said than done

kjames106 said...

Oh wow, that is still a great number! It is NOT going to end badly. It's going to end wonderfully with a baby(ies) in your arms!

deanna said...

Still hoping for you and thinking that rise sounds pretty good to me!

Penny said...

I never heard it before in my life until my IVF. Then they said the same thing to me. I was surprised too.

In and Out of Luck said...

My doctor also went by 60% - in fact we might have been at the same clinic (SG?). May Wednesday bring great news!

Geohde said...

There is a normal range for the rise. It's not strictly every two days. FWIW, it doubles faster very very early on and slows down. The higher the hcg is, the slower the rise becomes.

Try babymed.com for some hcg articles that might ease your mind.

Oh, and congratulations :)

My twins were from a FET, and my betas never doubled, although they started high.

J