Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Lumpy Ass

My ass is a very sore lumpy thing right now. Okay, so it was already pretty lumpy, let's just say now it's lumpier. I've never had so much trouble with injections before. I mean really this is my 6th round with IM projesterone injections and not only are they hurting but they are leaving big hard lumps in my derriere! I mean sure the needles never felt goooood going in before, and there might have been an occassional stick that stung, but now every stick hurts and, in addition to the rock hard lumps, I'm really sore. I've been using a heating pad in bed right after the nightly jab fest, but it doesn't seem to be helping much. Any thoughts or suggestions?

4 comments:

Jendeis said...

Are you using wet/damp or dry heat? I'd recommend "moist heat" for the muscle issue. Try heating up a thoroughly soaked wash cloth in the microwave for 10 - 20 seconds and carefully place on your bum. Or just soak a wash cloth in hot water and do that.

Meghan said...

No advice, just sorry about the lumpiness and pain

Penny said...

I'm no help, sorry, just (((hugs))) to your sore ass. I was limping for days after just 1 injection.

Sunny said...

Its the stupid estrogen. It killed my butt. The progesterone hasn't been as bad this time. I have found icing before hand, getting the shot while leaning against the kitchen table with the butt cheek being stabbed leg up. Then I rub it a lot and sit on my heating pad. It has helped.

Now not sure how to get rid of the numbing butt cheeks that I have. HUGS! This all just SUCKS!