Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Doting Spouse

This is the email I just got from my husband.

"calm down so you avoid making a bad decision in terms of:

eating the right things (yogurt, salads, fruits, veggies) - I will
buy it or cook it!

running around or climbing stairs quickly! I will get it.

picking up anything that even seems remotely heavy! I will do it.

check w/ Dr. S directly about ALL of the above ASAP!"


It's really sweet and I love him for it, but if HE doesn't calm down, one of us may not make it through this pregnancy! ;)

5 comments:

momofonefornow said...

Ahhhh! That is so sweet. My dh would never send something like that. As a matter of fact while I was pregnant he was perfectly alright with the fact that I had to drive through the inner city everyday to get to work. When I say inner city I mean the worst crime rate in a 200 mile radius kind of inner city. It was flipping scary!

Leah said...

Wow, he's planning to treat you as if you were made of spun glass, huh? Well, LET HIM.

The day after my transfer, I stopped carrying Megan up any stairs and to date I have not resumed it. (A good idea since she's 37 pounds anyway, but still...)

Aside from that, I had a hard time accepting my "fragile" status but finally decided that we had paid so much money and endured so much heartache to get me pregnant that I'd damn well better treat it like the precious miracle that it is. For the first time in my life, I let people do things for me. It never got easy to accept, but I decided it was worth it.

Meghan said...

I did hate anytime people said I couldn't do something, but it does sound like he is offering to do all the grocery shopping, cooking, and laundry for awhile. I say run with it ;)

kjames106 said...

Aww! That is so cute. I'm so happy for you. I hope this is bringing healing to your heart.

Birdee said...

That is too cute.