Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Phew!!! (updated - so I don't forget)

Pleasant surprises are too rare in the infertility world, or at least in my own experience. So, I'm still in a bit of shock and disbelief that not only was everything looking normal and were it should be -- as in INSIDE my uterus, but I actually saw a heartbeat today! One lovely little flickering on the screen. It's been almost 7 years since I've had a OB ultrasound where I saw a heartbeat and got a photo to bring home. So, here it is.
It's a picture of a picture and you really can't see anything, but I saw that flickering and then my nurse loaded me down with first trimester information and I still can't believe it. And I know it's early and lots can happen, but for the first time since the first blood test a week and a half ago, I was actually able to say out loud "I'm pregnant." My nurse gave me a recommendation for a high risk OB practice and suggested I call now to make sure I can get in to see them soon after my next and (hopefully) last appointment with my RE. It feels like tempting fate to be making that call already, but I guess I'm going to have to suck it up and do it.

So, let's agree that no one will pinch me, because if I'm dreaming I don't want to wake up!

Update
Forgot to mention that when the doctor looked at my chart even before they'd inserted the wand, she put me at 6 weeks 3 days (which frankly I can't figure out b/c based on the date of my last period I have exactly 6 weeks), and then once the ultrasound tech plugged in the measurements she got 6 weeks 3 days too. They didn't give me a due date (dare I even entertain that possibility!) but I figure it at the end of May.

7 comments:

Meghan said...

Wooooooooooohoooooooooooooo!!!!

Best news ever! I'm doing a little happy dance right here for you.

Good luck making the call to the OB. I do think that SG makes great referrals...I loved who they sent me too.

Oh--and sorry but I've been stalking you all morning ;)

momofonefornow said...

That is so exciting!!! Embrace it and enjoy it.

Penny said...

Yay!!! So happy for you!

Leah said...

YAYYYY. I am so, so, so happy for you. Glad you posted, I've been chewing my fingers to the nubs waiting for today's update. Now I can breathe and actually get some work done! :-)

Shelby said...

Happy dance, happy dance! Yeah!!!!!! I'm over the moon with excitement for you!!!

nancy said...

You had a FET, right? 3dt? There is your extra 3 days. The little guy had 3 more days of growth. That's how it worked with me. It was my ET date and then adding in the age of the embryo.

Congrats though! I couldn't be happier to see the picture you were able to post today!

Lorraine said...

SO good to have a good surprise!Yay!