Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sucker Punch (n. Slang. An unexpected punch or blow.)

Yesterday I woke up at 5:20 and went to the gym at work, spent the work day in training, raced to pick up the kid from aftercare, raced home to get her into ballet clothes, raced to ballet studio, while the kid tapped and pranced her way through an hour I went grocery shopping, drove home, unpacked groceries, and then raced off to my first ever PTA meeting. A busy day is great for keeping my mind off the beta coming at the end of the week. The PTA meeting was almost 2 hours long and boring, but basically uneventful. As the last item on the agenda was being discussed I felt great relief; the end of my day was near and all I could think about was going home and going straight to bed. And then the PTA president asked if anyone had any community announcements to make. A woman spoke up "so and so had her baby!" The room cheered. Inwardly I groaned a little. "It was her sixth." Yes, you read that correctly and I know I heard it correctly because it was repeated about 4 times. Inwardly I groaned, a lot!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

first, major props for getting up before the sunrise and going to the gym. But 6 kids...that's insane!!!