Thursday, September 11, 2008

Staying the Course (kid mentioned)

So I'm stuck in the 2WW with not a single optimistic cell in my body, basically I just feel flat about the whole thing. But one thing keeps me very smiley these days. My girl is stuck on the magical theme. Even before the comment from my last post about magicing up some babies, she'd been on this theme of wishing stars and magic wands. It's been an ongoing discussion in our house for days. Well, really not so much a discussion as her dialogue that we get to listen to. The other morning, we were in the bathroom getting ready for the day when she started this ongoing dialogue about becoming magical, wishing stars and how once she has her magic wand she'll do all sorts of wonderful things, including jumping into her fairy books and becoming part of the story and cleaning the house for me. ;) She left the bathroom to get dressed, but then came marching back into the bathroom and said something along the lines of "Furthermore mommy, once I... then I can be a mythical creature..." She's always been a pretty verbal kid, but hearing the words "furthermore" and "mythical" come out of her mouth really surprised me. All I could do was laugh and say "ok". Fast forward past Tuesday's conversation about getting us some babies to last night. She asks me if I can pull up my shirt for her. I ask why and she says she can't make the babies unless I do. Then she pauses and tells me that she's not sure she'll be able to make TWO babies.

Here's a photo of my little mythical creature on her first day of first grade.

3 comments:

Shelli said...

Very cute. My little man told me I was being "unrealistic" last week. And he used it in context. Scary from a 5 year old. lol.

Thinking about you and wishing you good luck.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Dude--you're lucky she has these amazing powers and is using them only for good :-)

She is so cute.

Meghan said...

So cute! It's like she's 6 going on 30 or something.